Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins The 2013 FIFA Golden Soccer Award Of The Year (Photos)

In the final Goden Soccer of the Year contest, the Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid FC wins the 2013 Ballon d'Or award at the gala ceremony in Zurich against Lionel Messi and Franck Riberry of Barcelona and Bayern Munich respectively.
 
This year Ronaldo's winning of the 2013 Golden Soccer award put end to Lionel Messi's four-year reign as holder of the crown.
 
An emotional Ronaldo, who was fighting back the tears as he received the award on Monday night, said: "First of all I have to say a great thanks to all of my team-mates with the club and the national team.

"Without all of their efforts this would not have been possible. I am very happy, it is very difficult to win this award.
 
 
"Everybody that has been involved with me on a personal level I have to thank. My wife, my friends, my son. It is a tremendously emotional moment. All I can say is thank you to everybody that has been involved."
 
 Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or award for the best footballer on the planet for the second time (2008 and 2013).

No comments: