Saturday, November 30, 2013

Woman Stabbed Her Husband To Death In Lagos Over Fried Rice

A nursing mother has been arrested for her inability to control her anger. 33-year-old Biola Gbadamosi, the mother of a 3-month-old baby has been arrested after killing her husband, Mr. Jamiu at their rented house in Ikorodu area of Lagos State on the 7th of September 2013.
 
According to police, the angry wife reportedly stabbed her husband with a kitchen knife during an argument over fried rice. Police noted that Jamiu, a Vehicle Inspection Officer had history of wife beating before his death.
 
"Jamiu and I dated for four years, but when I got pregnant this year, we did introduction and I started living with him in Idi Iroko, Ikorodu. However, when I was three months pregnant, he started beating me. Most times, he takes alcoholic drink and he comes back home drunk and starts beating me for flimsy reasons" the accused wife recollected. It was even noted that Mr. Jamiu had a kidney ailment.
 
“While I was about leaving my parents’ home on September 7, 2013, my husband called to say that he was broke and I should make money available for the weekend. When I got home, I started cooking fried rice but my husband, who was drunk, said he did not like it. I jokingly called him a bush man and an argument ensued.
 
“While we were arguing, a neighbour, who sells drinks, came into our flat to collect money that we owed her. I was grating carrots with a knife when my husband slapped me and said I must leave his house that night.
 
“I used the knife I was holding to strike him on the thigh and he started bleeding profusely. The neigbours and I took him to a hospital. At the hospital, I was told that my husband’s injury was not deep, so neighbours said I should take my baby home.”
 
The next morning, she was told that her husband has passed away at midnight.
 
She was promptly arrested by officials from Owutu Police station after the case was reported. The 33-year-old OND degree holder from The Polytechnic, Ibadan insisted she killed her husband by mistake.
 
“My little baby, Oluwaseyifunmi, is with my husband’s family and I fear that my child will never get to know me if I am sent to prison. My breasts are still filled with milk and no baby to suckle them.” She pleaded for mercy for the sake of her baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a couple! The 3months old baby is the one I pity.